Thursday, April 26, 2018

A cool and beautiful day here in Central Texas

Well, it is has been a while since I have written in the blog.  We were up very early on Tuesday, connected the trailer and headed out to Texas. I can say the trip was safe, and we made good time even with stops for gas and breaks. The trail set up fairly easy but we are having issues getting the trailer to disconnect for the Jeep, and we are having issues getting the water to drain out of the sink, nothing that is a show stopper just somewhat of a pain. I have to say this trailer is somewhat smaller and does not offer the comfort that the other one did, but it does offer the needed bathroom. We all have to deal with trade offs in life don’t we. 

I have been doing better than expected with my eating. I have stay well below my calorie budget. My salt level is more than likely up seeing we have been eating out more than expected. 

I am reading a very good book, that is really making me think about my eating habits. It is “Dr Gundry’s Diet Evolution”. For me it is an eye opener about the evolution of our eating and diet over the ages and it goes in to some really great thoughts on why we have all the diseases that we have now days. He has a lot of good information and the diet plan to reverse our problems and even have us live longer. I have to say it follows so much that my grandmother told me when I was a child. She was Native American and believed in the old ways. I am not going to say it is what you should do or at this point that it is what I am going to do to the letter. I do follow a lot of the plan he lays out, and I do intend to do more of it. But I am not sure I can go for the whole plan. But that is where he says something that has gotten me attention. He says to do as much as you feel you can and if possible over time do more. His comment is this the more you can do the better off you are. 

In a nutshell it is about eating more green leaf diet less meat, and less fruit and sugar of all types. Also cut out all grains if possible. And the one that I am having a hard time with is cutting out milk. He does not say you have to cut out cheeses as long as they are as he calls them new our young cheese. Yogurt, and cottage cheese, unflavored is good. He is also for eating a lot calorie diet and as he says to live longer you eat less calories and more bulk. 


The shock to me was fresh fruit, and even some of the fresh veggies that he is saying is a no-no. You would have to read the book to fully get the picture and I am still reading. And it has reversed my thinking in a lot of what I have beed doing so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment