Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's Resolution


I have been thinking about my New Year's Resolution, and I am going to make it simple. Stay fit, and not gain weight. Plenty of walking and bike riding when I have the time.
I would like to ride the Round Rock Outlaw ride again and do better than this last year.
I am going to stay with trying to walk 10K steps a day, and when the weather lets me I want to ride my bike at least 3 hours a week. 
I am also going to try and get off the water pills that I have been taking for over 30 years. My doctor believes that is possible. And I am so tired of the dried skin at my ankles, forehead and elbows, which my doctor says is caused by the water pills. 
Here is the plan starting the First of the Year I am going to take my water pill every other day for a few weeks and see how it goes. Then if that works go to every 3 days for a few weeks. Then after that only as needed. 
As for as my weight goes I would like to get down to 189 but I am going to be realistic and say that I will be satisfied with 197 or below. (Note my doctor would like to see me fully clothed at 197, so I will be changing the way I weigh myself)
So expect a large jump in my weight on New Year’s Day as I will be weighing in full clothed and that will be my new weight. Then my goal will be 197 down to possibly 189.

No comments:

Post a Comment