Thursday, October 18, 2012

Doctor’s appointment



October 9, I had my doctor’s checkup for my blood pressure and weight.  I have been completely taken off all of my prescription medications and I do not have another appointment until July next year. I am now on yearly physical checkups.
I was told that I should not frat over my blood pressure as long as it does not go into the high range (140/100). I asked what my weight should be and he said that I was at my high end of good (208), and it would be great if I could get done to 196-198. This weight is by his scales and being fully clothed. So I said that I would do my best to get there by my next appointment next July. That means that I am working to 189 by my scales weighing the first thing in the morning before I get dressed.
I have finally getting my weight to turn around after coming off my meds, mostly a diuretic. You see when I first went off of the meds I gained 8 pound almost overnight. I have now lost about 4 pounds of that again. I have about 14 pounds to lose to get to my new goal. I will be doing it by logging what I eat and keeping my calorie in put down to about 2000 calories and also by walking and riding my bike as well as I am going to start doing some weight training now that fall and winter is up on us. I have gotten this far and I will get to my goal as some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment