Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Morning Ride

Woke up with a headache and was trying to find reasons not to ride. But as it turned out it was a great ride. The day has been cloudy and the wind was out of the North East ,and about 65 degrees. I started out riding into the wind, and I ended up riding about 20 of the 31 miles either into the wind or with a side wind. I saw about 35 bike riders today at one time or the other. Most of my ride was without seeing any cars which is very unusually.
My bike seems to be set up very well now, I had to make adjustments to my seat height, I ended up with it about an inch and a half higher, after the ride I changed the angle of my stem, by maybe 10 degrees, and I changed the angle of my seat by maybe 2 degrees. My pedals are Okay but the clips hurt my toes and I really believe that I need to change my pedals for a city platform pedal style. I want to be able to just ride my bike with any shoes, are cloths that I may be wearing.
The ride was very tiring, I did manage to finish strong by really backing off and slowing down at about the 25 mile mark. That really helped me be able to finish. I am hoping to ride again tomorrow and I would really like to get the other pedals and ride with them. It is now about 6 hours after the ride and I am feeling much better, but tired. I really believe it has to do with a few things I did right after the ride.
First I had a G Series performance drink. Then I had Greek yogurt with fruit. Then I took a long shower. And for dinner I had 1 and a half roast beef sandwiches with pinto beans, and potato salad. I sure hope I sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment