Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Keep Moving

I am going to lecture a little so please forgive me. I started my journey back the first of January 2011 an I was 280 pounds. And I lost down to 240 pounds by just watching what I ate and the amount I ate, mainly just cutting portion size down. Then I found fitbit and I started walking, and walking and walking. I over the next few years went down as low as 195. Then I had a life changer in my life, I retired, and I figured I did not need to do the regular walks because I was working in the yard, and working to set the house up the way we always wanted it. But in doing so I more than slowly gained my weight back, and I did it without changing my diet and I was even eating less, and less over this last year and a half. But I gained my weight back to 240, well that is close enough. I have now started back walking and it is not all that much fun as if this time. I am so sore after walking. But I have to say that I am not that tired. I am not changing my diet anymore at least at this time. I do not want to lose back to 195 again. I do wish to get back to say 210.
The moral of this story is that we had to keep moving, working around the yard is great but for some reason it just was not enough for me to keep the weight off.
My plan for now is to walk 10K steps average 7 days a week. For me that will mean more than 10K for 6 days a week and at least 5K on Sundays. Ha we all have to have a day of rest.
So please do yourself a favor and walk or run at least 10K steps per day. And If you cannot walk due to health reason find yourself some form of exercise to keep your metabolism up.

No comments:

Post a Comment