Tuesday, May 6, 2014

First ride on my new bike

I finally made my mind up to which road bike I was going to get. Giant Defy 1 it is a wonderful bike to ride not to stiff and it does ride great. I was totally surprised how comfortable the stock seat was seeing how narrow it is. I was also concerned about climbing the hills with having only 2 chain rings up front to work with, but the 10 gears in the back along with the compact chain ring setting was a wonderful experience. While this mornings ride was only 7 miles I did have a 20 mph wind to deal with, which would have meant with my other bike I would not even went out for the ride. But the gears shifted great and I was able to find a good match in gearing to let me have a great ride. I am looking forward to many more rides on this bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment