Thursday, October 29, 2015

Slowly make changes now that I am retired.


I have been playing with, troubleshooting, learning, and cussing computers. For a very long time. My first computer was the TRS-80 way back in and around 1980 or so. I think I have had more than my share of the Trash-80s. That was when if you wanted to do anything with them you had to write your own programs. Well I started by just copying in a program you could find in a book. And this was before the internet as we know it. Then I would take a program that I could find the code for and change the code to do other things. Then along came the IBM PC, and I started going to computer flea markets and getting parts and building my own computers or recreating computers. That was the fun days of computers. Then I became crazy and decided to switch from being an Electronics Technician, and turn myself into a software and computer troubleshooter and support person. I never realized that I would be forever taking test and certifying and recertifying and recertifying. And the expense of it all is crazy. I have and still do, mess with MS windows, Linux, and now Apple IOS. When I was seeing the big picture that I was getting to the end of the line with my career. I joked with the ones that I worked with that I was going to ditch Microsoft and get and IPhone and IPad. Well that has happened I now have both? But I also still have windows 10 and one of the latest Linux distros, and even my wife has an android phone and tablet. Now that I have the IPhone and the IPad and I see how they work together so great, all I want to do is use them. The only thing I do not have is a Mac. Well may someday that too will be in the cards who knows. For now and for the foreseeable future we will have windows due to my wife’s sewing machines, seems they only will talk to the windows systems.

But IOS is so simple and easy to use I am loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment