Friday, June 10, 2016

I wish there was a way

I wish there was a way that someone with normal hearing could hear what I hear, so maybe they would not always put me down when I complain or say what.
There are some even on my family that keep putting me down and it just makes me feel like I am a lesser person or some kind of idiot. 
If only they could hear things the way I do. They do not fully understand my hearing loss, I can hear lower frequencies very well and the higher frequencies good enough but I just can not hear voices or speech, and you but a group in a room all trying to talk at once and it just sounds like a bunch of chicken hens in a chicken pen. It just flat gives me a headache, but if I say something about it then I am crazy and do not know what I am talking about, but it is them that do not understand what I am hearing or not hearing. And they do not understand that hearing aids do not correct hearing loss it only amplifies the noise they are making. My best program for hearing in noise is better than nothing but not good enough to really help. My audiologist has fine tuned the program the best she can, and I really do not believe it is the hearing aids I believe if it my hearing loss that is the issue. I just hope that some day they will be able to get the software good enough to really help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment