Friday, September 9, 2016

Our Governments are making us fat.

What I am about to say will not set well with some of you. Weight loss is a lifetime war not just a battle. You have to commit yourself to fighting to keep your weight off the rest of your life. Losing the weight and reaching your goal is not even half the battle, it is only the first skirmish. The war continues with battle after battle the rest of your life. You will tell yourself that now that I have lost the weight I can eat whatever I wish, well that may be true for a cheat meal or cheat day or two ever now and then. But you will always have to weigh and you will always have to watch what you eat and how much and you will always have to do some exercise.
Then there are some of us me included that will always believe we can lose a little more. Well our bodies have set points that it knows is what is a good weight at certain levels of our lives and our eating habits. We can force our bodies to change set points by what we eat and how much. We also influence our bodies set point by what we eat. For some of use it is different foods, but for me it is starchy foods that clog up my hormones and cause my body to add belly fat. And to be honest most of us have the same reaction to starchy foods. I am finding that I can eat some much more calories as long as I do not eat grains, and potatoes. I eat lots of meats, and green veggies, as well as fruits. I do not eat processed foods, or as I call them factory foods. The results for me has been much less stomach issues, gas pains mostly. I also do not have the joint pains that I once had, just think about doing your walks or jogging and not having knee or ankle pains. Well that has happened for me.
I do not even follow the full plan that says not to eat starchy foods, because it also says that dairy is bad for you, guess what I have my morning glass of whole milk with whey protein without any issues and I am still losing my belly and weight. Now more than likely I would lose more of my belly and lose weight faster if I did not drink my milk but that is my choice and it is working for me. We all have to experiment and find what works for us, then we have to stay with what works. If we eat the right foods I am finding that I reach the weight that my body needs to be at and it hold there to within 5 to 10 pounds. The key is keeping our hormones happy and health, which in turn keeps us health, we have to exercise but we do not have to kill ourselves with it. For me it is walking every day, something I love to do anyway. And some weekly or twice a week resistance workouts that I do because I have to not because I want to.
We will always at least most of us be at war with our weight and there will be battle after battle and skirmish after skirmish but we all can handle it as long as we set our mines to doing so.
PS: At least for me I have put the concept of low fat and no fat out of my thoughts. Fat is good, yes I said it fat is good as long as it is not created in a factory. I do not eat foods created in a factory. But I eat foods created by mother nature. I love meat but stay away from meat from animals that were forced fed grains, to fatten them. I love range fed only. Why because if the animals the meat come from were grain fed then I am going to get the same hormone clogging issues as if I ate the grain myself.

Yes, I know that I am going against and fighting what the food industry has force upon our governments to preach to us about grains are needed, and starchy foods are good. It just is not true, and our own governments are making us fat, to that the diet and fitness industries can get rich off of our backs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment