Monday, January 14, 2013

My quest to not have to take the water pill


Today makes 4 days without taking my water pill. Yes my weight is up but my blood pressure is good, and I do not have swelling in my feet, ankles or hands. My stomach feels so much better, no cramps.  I will continue to monitor my weight and blood pressure daily. My doctor does not want me to take my blood pressure except after I first get up in the morning.
As long as I do not have swelling in my feet, ankles and hands I should be good. I will be monitoring myself very closely for sore joints, headaches, and becoming grumpy and angry, as that was a sign the last two times that I tried stop the pill that I was not having a good time of it. I have researched and the water retention is normally worse in hotter, humid weather and that was the case last time two times I tried to get off this pill. I am hoping that with it being cold weather now I can get use to the fact that I am not taking the pill before it gets too hot.  But I know if I need to take the pill I will but I do not plan on taking it all the time again unless my doctor orders me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment