Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Some thing I posted to an article on CNN


I have been on a two year journey to lose weight and get fit. I have lost 82 pounds and I feel much better. But If I go by the BMI charts I will have to lose another 23 pounds just to get to the top end of normal for my 6 feet. I have gone from a 46 waist to 34 waist and I have gone from being on blood pressure, cholesterol, and acid reflux medicines to none.  I have listened to my doctor and also to my body. And what I learned is that you have to eat small meals and you need to eat about 5 times a day. You never skip breakfast. For me salt is a big issue. I eat too much salt and I can gain 5 pounds in water weight overnight.  The biggest problem with USA and the whole now is fast food and eating too fast.  Yes exercise has played a big part of my weight loss, but the biggies part was learning to eat correctly and that diet is not something we do to lose weight it is a way of life and we have to change our diet life style to lose the weight and keep it off along with exercise.  I am now 65 and I feel better than I have felt since I was about 35 and my blood work and doctor reports show that I am healthier than I have been since I was about 45. I will I ever lose enough to get down to the BMI chart reading I should have, I do not know only time will tell and my body will be that judge. I will feed it correctly and I will exercise and we will see.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/16/health/weight-study/index.html?hpt=hp_bn12

No comments:

Post a Comment