Friday, March 29, 2013

A few words of wisdom


First off, Linda is getting stronger and learning what she can and cannot eat. One thing we have learned about big time is whey protein powder. It is something Linda has to have to get her needed protein and I have learned that it really helps me too. Most mornings I add a scope of protein powder with a cup of milk and it really makes my day go better. Also the whey protein and the fact that I have added probiotics to my supplements have really helped my stomach behave nicely. And I have upped my protein to about 120 grams a day and I have lowered my carbs some so I keep my calories at about 2000 a day. My weight is being more protectable and with the lowering of my blood pressure meds (water pill) I seem to be doing much better. Also it is spring, at least here it is, and I have upped my walking and working in the yard and do some bike riding so that has really helped me with my blood pressure and I hope with my weight. As I have said before my average weight over the last 13 months was just less than 200 pounds. So that is my goal weight for now own or until my body proves me wrong. The 2000 calories a day seems to be where my energy level is the best and it is over my BMR for the day. There will be days that I eat below that amount and also days I will eat just over it, that is okay too.
The lesson here is to be willing to learn your own body and to figure out what works best for you, also your body and your life is a never ending change so never get too comfortable with your routine and habits, they need to change and change often.  The weather affects your eating and how much you eat as much as anything I know that if it is cold I eat more and if it is hot I eat much less. But we have to learn to control it and except the changes we see in our bodies some of them will be to our liking and some of them will not.
Everyone again have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment