Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring has come to Central Texas.


 I am seeing more and more people getting out for walks, bike rides, and jogging. Most of them are the ones that I saw last spring, summer and fall then they just went into hibernation come winter. I hope they were going to the gym over the winter, but really there are only just a few days here in the winter that should keep anyone from being outside. Now come summer around here I will have to start walking a lot earlier in the morning. Are after dark in the evenings, it is just too hot to do a long walk or log bike ride when it is 100 degrees out.
But I have learned a lot about life and about myself and about what is important in life. The most important things in life is God, family, health and the love of life itself. Things are not that important anymore, I can now understand why my parents always said that when I was a young child that I was happier playing with an old tin can or box or a piece of old tree limb than I was a shiny new toy. Of course I loved my first bike, because it gave me freedom to go and go and go. But I would still take very long walks over the land. You see my grandpa was a farmer and we lived way out in the country then and I would go down to the creeks and just walk and walk and walk. It was nothing unusual for me to leave the house on Saturday a little after sunrise and not come home until about dark. I would take a snack or sandwich with me and back then I would drink the water out of the creeks. That was the times that I was most free and I loved and still do love nature.
I have been to most of the large cities of this country and a few around the world and I felt like I was in prison when I was there. I am a country boy and I have to see Mother Nature’s earth and I really could do without pavement and concrete all together. I feel that God is pulling at my strings and I need to make a change. I also feel that God was behind me getting in better health and fitness because he has something he wants me to do.
Please pray that I can listen to what God is asking and do what he is wanting me to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment