Thursday, February 5, 2015

I have a few things on my mind at this time.


First of all it has now been 4 months with my new aids and my brain and my aids have had time to learn my hearing environment and I am no longer changing the programs on my aids as much and for the most part I am only using my default program. I do use the TV connect to watch TV and I use the Bluetooth connection to use the cell phone and also the house phone. And when I taking about it I use the music program when I am listening to music. When I am exercising (mainly walking) I use the streamer to stream music to my aids but if I am at the house I use my Bose headphones with my music program.

I still have lots of issues spelling words, I was taught to sound out words so I could spell them, well that no longer works for me due to the fact that my hearing is not the same and words no long sound the way they should so my spelling is very bad.

I have now started going to the VA for my health care, and I have seen a Dietitian, I need to lose some weight and have not been able to on my own so I have gotten a base line calorie burn information and a diet plan. I am increasing my protein and lowering my carbs. It seems to be working I am down a pound this week and I only went to the Dietitian on Monday.  I now weigh 235 and I am hoping to get down to about 205 to 210.

I am thinking about something to do and I have several things on my list, one is to set up a blog to maybe help others my age. I am also hoping to figure out a way to help VETs in my area. I also have to get my butt moving more and walk and ride my bike if I am going to lose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment