Thursday, April 4, 2013

This journey of health and fitness


I have been on my journey for about 28 months, in that time I have gone from only knowing I wanted to lose some weight, and I wanted to get off all of the medications that I was taking to knowing a lot more about how food, calories, and exercise works on the body. I have learned also that as you change your body you have to change the calories in, and you have to change or increase the exercise and you have to change what you eat and do not eat. I have also learned that like life itself our bodies are always changing and what you could eat one day may make you sick the next. But most of all I have l learnt that the body is amazing it adapts to life changes much faster than or minds and believes do. I have also learnt that I have to continually read and learn and to not believe everything that I read. When it comes to diet and exercise there are as many believes as there are humans in the world. If we are going to be successful at weight control, diet and exercise we have to find what works for you and I have to find what works for me. I have found trainers can be great in helping to come up with an exercise plan, if you take control and reason out what the trainers are telling you and you then modify that to work with your own body and conditions.  So what I am saying is do not be afraid to read, research, and or ask question but understand that you will have to adapted it to what you can do, when it comes to fiscal conditions and also work time, family time, and personal (me) time. We have to balance it out and be welling to except that we may not be able to do it all. It is better to exercise a little less than what we had hoped for than not to exercise at all.  Also be willing to except that we will not always be able to eat the way we would like for many reasons such as eating out, going visiting friends and family, and due to work travels. But if we are armed with knowledge of what works and does not work we can survive the events and have a wonderful time at the same time. Also remember we may have a bad day or week or if a long trip a few weeks but we can fall back and recover and we will make our goals just be flexible about the timing and be willing to modify the plans as needed. Life is so short so we should not be so single minded that we do not enjoy the life that God has given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment