Monday, December 29, 2014

After almost 3 months with my new hearing aids.

I have been using the Alta Pros now for almost 3 months, and I have really noticed some great changes. All of the sounds around me are really sounding so normal now. I am not having to change programs near as often. I even find myself able to sound out words so much better when I am trying to spell words. I have been so bad as a speller for almost 35 years. Even my wife has made comments that I am pronouncing my words a lot better than I use to. 
Also I find that even after my Audi turned down my aids by a click that I am turning them down another click after I put them in in the mornings. Except when the TV is on or my wife is listening to music I can hear my wife talk to me from the other rooms of the house. 
I am still having the normal issues with extremely noisy places and times, but I am hearing things again that I never expected to again. It did not happen all at once one I got these aids it has just been happening a little along. I really believe that Oticon has it right with brain hearing, it sure seems that I am relearning hearing again, and I am sure it is my aids that are also learning from the environment that I am in and a round. 
Also I find that I am much more relaxed now and even my blood pressure is lower, I understand a some of it is due to me being retired and finally excepting that fact. 

My office is in the front of the house and we have a front porch, the other day there were birds the were in hanging flower pots, and I could hear them singing even with the winds closed and the fan noise of the old computer I have in my office. At first I did not know what it was then my wife who was setting in the office with me looked over and smiled, and said you can hear the birds too cannot you, and I said yes. 
I have to say that these aids at least for me have improve my quality of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment