Monday, December 15, 2014

My hearing aid history

I have been wearing aids since May of 2005. My first aids were Sonic Innovations ITE, they were poorly fit. I applied to the VA for a Service related Hearing loss and received my Siemens ITE aids in Nov of 2006 they worked out to be fairly good. and March 2010 I had another VA appointment and was given new aids; Oticon Dual WX with the streamer; I have the Plus domes. OK for an update I received my new aids this October and the are Oticon Alta Pro custom fit ITC. The VA is still taking care of my aids and hearing. I am very much more active and love to ride my bicycle, walk, hike, an work in the yard. The Duals had issues with me sweating and have stopped working several times. Both have been repaired at least twice, also my hearing has gotten worse and I am now at a severe hearing loss in my right ear with only 20% voice recognition left in the right ear, my left ear is moderately severe. My Alta Pros are proving to be really great, I am hearing much better, even enjoying music and the TV much more than ever before. I am here to help you if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment