Wednesday, December 10, 2014

VA appointment this morning

Up early this morning, I had a VA hearing appointment. I had so minor adjustments made to my hearing aids. I talked to my audiologist about some of the issues I have with hearing my wife while I am in the car and or driving. She is ordering me a bluetooth mic that my wife can wear on that will let me hear her better. My wife if my navigator while I drive and also helps me at times understand what the cars GPS is trying to tell us.
I noticed lots if changes at the clinic, the VA really seems to be trying to make improvements. And starting in January I will be able to just walk in for minor adjustments that I have been having to wait as much as 2 months to have done. I know that the wait my be some time before I will be seen but it is much better than before.
And today I found out that my audiologist wears aids too. I always knew that she talked as if she had hearing problems but today we got to talking about different aids and she showed me what she wears. I do not believe I ever could wear an aid that was completely hidden in my ear canal, first off my hearing is to bad for the power that the real small aids can put out. second I do not believe I could handle something that small any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment