Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Back home

We had a lot of fun on our weekend trip. Friday was a day of travel, which I thought was a long day but yesterdays drive was even longer as we traveled through Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. We went and picked up rescue puppy in Camden, Arkansas, and the best route to get there from where we where at the time we found out we would get her was to travel into Louisiana and up into Southern Arkansas. It was a good trip and I got to see places I have never seen. Beautiful country all the way but mostly back country roads, and we were pulling our camp trailer all of the way. 

The puppy is a terrier, hound mix. She is about 9 or 10 weeks old. We are calling her Sandy due to her color. The group we got her from, found her due to the fact she was going to be as stated taken to the river and dumped. None of God’s creations should just be dumped, killed, or aborted.  So we decided to take her in and become foster parents, but to be honest I believe she has found her forever home. 

We traveled to Austin area on Friday so we could go to the family reunion on Sunday. We stated at an RV Park in Taylor, Texas that we stated out back in April. Saturday we got a new hitch setup for our Jeep, which we had hoped to make pulling the trailer better, and it really did make it much better. By the way even pulling the trailer we averaged 20.5 miles per gallon of gas. Also on Saturday we had dinner at Logan’s Roadhouse, and my wife and I shared a plate of ribs. Sunday at the reunion I had roasted chicken and potato salad, maybe not the best meal  choice but it was good. 

Monday we ate at the RV park, just cereal, and had a chicken sandwich from the leftover chicken for lunch. By the time we got home it was after 8:00 pm so my dinner was a few mixed nuts and a shower and bed. 

My weight this morning was the same as Friday morning I really feel good about that. Since eating out most of the weekend normally leaves me with a salt overload. 

Sandy is here in the office with me laying on the floor sleeping I will post a few pictures of her.



`


Did I forget to say she needs to fatten up a little bit, she looks like she was not fed very much. Sandy is very sweet and just wants to be noticed and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment