Monday, June 18, 2018

It is Monday!

This past weekend was Father’s Day weekend. My wife finished up her course she was doing then we went to get her nails done, then went to the Chinese Buffet for dinner. I had not eaten since breakfast so I was not too worried about eating over my limit for the day, but I knew that the salt in the food would really work me over. And yes my weight showed a gain on Sunday morning, not a lot but it was disappointing. Then Sunday my wife fixed me my favorite breakfast which is not a bad choice of a spinach omelet. Then I only had about a quarter cup of nuts before dinner which is my wife’s homemade meatloaf, I enjoyed that of course, and like normal I ate nothing after dinner. This morning my weight is down from yesterday but still a little higher than before eating out Saturday afternoon. Also, I am now following the recommendation of apple cider vinegar and water in the early morning and evening, I know this helps my digestion, and even my blood pressure because I have been doing it for a long time, and it was something that my grandmother use to do way back when I was very young. My blood pressure was up a little this morning and yesterday morning due to the salt but still in the very good range. It has been 14 hours since I have eaten and I am still not hungry. The longest I have ever gone was when I was in the service or back when I was working and could not get away to eat was about 24 hours. I have not gone that long in a long time now, but I have managed to go about 17 to 18 hours, but about 14 to 16 seems to be my normal fast times. I will be extending that the first week of July when my wife is away on her trip. 

So what is my goal in doing this, only good health, if I can manage to lose more of my belly fat that will be great and it will help my health also. I just do not want to do what I have so many times before and regain my weight. I am willing to except the fact that at my age I am going to have a harder time not gaining, but I believe that fasting can help me control my weight better. I also know that I feel so much better when I have eaten just enough to feel like I am not hungry but at the same time I do not feel like my stomach is full and  I am not bloated. 


Since I started my experiment of not counting calories my weight is up just a little on average but still below the weight my doctor set for me of 200 pounds. Now I would like to lower that if possible to 185 to 190 and I have expressed that to my doctor and he smiled and said that would be great. Do I believe I can do it? Yes I do but I also know that my body will be fighting it all the way due to my body’s set weight being around 205 for such a long time while I was younger. But I also dream of maybe reseting my weight more in line of what it was at the time I turned 21, and that was 168 pounds. I know it may be a pipe dream but it is something to think about and work for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment