Friday, June 15, 2018

It’s Friday

It is a beautiful day, they call it hot but to me it is just a spring day. The temperature here so far is for less hot than what I was use to. Sure if you are out in the sun it is hot, but there is so much shade here due to the trees that it does not feel near as bad. And yes the humidity is high. 

My weight is down just a very little this morning, but more importantly my blood pressure is down a lot 107/70, and I have not been taking my medication either. My percent of body fat is at 17.2%. My stress level is also very low. I feel my stress is low for a few reasons. First I start my day with a prayer, and reading my devotional. And secondly I am not stressing over ever last calorie, instead I am eating what I feel I need, and to be honest I am eating less calories and more real food. Yes, I am eating some sugar and yes I am eat some carbs, but I am also eating more nuts, veggies, and less meat. I am also fasting at times, not really trying to just doing so because I really do not want to eat. Dinner is by 6pm and breakfast is not normally until about 9:am so that is about 15 hours of not eating, and now I am not eating after breakfast until I eat dinner. Also, my breakfast is less than what it use to be. And to be honest my dinner is less also. I do expect that if I can keep my salt level down I will begin to lose a little more weight. My wife will be gone the week of the 4th of July and I plan on trying a couple of 24 hour fast, to see if I can do it and to see if it will help me drop my belly a little bit more. 

I do feel better and I am sleeping much better. While I am not getting out and forcing myself to do the long walks I am on my feet and moving most of the day. I am doing resistance workouts with resistance bands, dumbbells, and a curl bar. With the new puppy I am also taking her for walks to get her use to walking on a leash. 

It has now been 25 days without counting calories and I am not gaining weight and maybe dropping just a little. I have not really started a true fast so I will not say that is really helping. I do eat at least 2 meals every day. My brain is clearer and my thinking is better. I am not waking up with headaches, and I am not have as many issues with my allergies. 

I believe what is helping me is that I have had the 7 years of habits of counting calories to get me use to the amount of food to eat. Also, in that time I have learned what to eat and what not to eat. To me it is more of what not to eat together is also important. There are some foods that just react badly for me if I eat them together. Most of those things are carbs that do not set well together for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment