Sunday, September 24, 2017

Apple Watch

I received my Apple Watch Series 3 on Friday. I am still trying to learn it and it is going to take time. I am really liking it for notification, and the Activity, and workout. I have been using Fitbit devices for the past 6 years and they have gotten me a long ways into my fitness but I really need to take it to the next level. 
The watch is so much more comfortable that I believed it would be. It does have a large screen and it does look large on my small wrist. The other thing is that it feels lighter than the Fitbit Charge2 that I have been using and the Charge 2 is much smaller. I never could see the screen on the Charge 2 when outdoors, I can see the Watch screen very easily and that is making a big difference. I am also noticing that Fitbit gives out a lot more burn calories than the watch, I know some would say that is bad but I say it is good. That is what I mean about taking myself to the next level. I have never been someone to eat back my burn calories and now that I have the watch I am so glad I have not. The battery life of the watch is better than I expected it to be. I am getting almost 2 days out of the battery and I have really been playing with it a lot to learn it. Now I have to say I have noticed that the battery life of my iPhone 7+ is not as good and I believe that is due to the always connection that the watch has to the iPhone. 
I was disappointed that I could not set up the MacBook to be unlocked by the Watch but my research showed that I have to wait for the update to High Sierra, which should be sometime tomorrow. I will report back after I get my MacBook updated to see how that goes.

For now I have to say I am really liking the connection that the iPhone, Watch, iPad, and the MacBook has. This is so much better than I ever had with Windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment