Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What has worked for me to get to where I am to day with my weight loss and fitness

First off a few things to remember reading this.
  1. This is what works for me and may or may not work for you.
  2. I am not say you should do what I am doing, all I am doing is telling you what works for me. 
  3. I am almost 70 years young so that effects what I do and do not do.


First I am going to say that I have tried the Atkins diet, the South Beach Diet, gluten free, and others that I cannot even name anymore. Most of these I have managed to lose weight but never managed to keep the weight off. What is working for me is logging everything I eat, walking, and doing some resistance workouts. I follow my stomach is the what I have told some of my friends, I eat before I am hungry and I stop eating before I am stuffed. I have learned to enjoy the feeling of being pleasantly full. I also follow the portion control concepts. I do not eliminate any real food from my diet, I limit it. I love eating cake and ice cream every now and then, and I love a cold beer or glass of wine at times, again in controlled portions. I do use Loseit to log all of my food and I have been for over 6 years. I no longer stress over the over or under calorie amounts. I am logging my food and I am eating to never feel hungry or to feel over fed. 
I walk a lot, I normally walk about 11,000 steps in the morning before breakfast, then again in the evening after dinner. My rest days are the days I only walk either in the morning or evening. I get in my 11,000 steps a day every day except days like when we had the really heavy rains. Heat does not bother me as much as cold does. 
I do about 30 minutes 3 days a week of resistance workouts, using my body, dumbbells, and a curl bar. I am not into heavy weighs, just doing enough to hopefully help tone my old muscles. 


Again I am going to say I do not believe in eliminating any real foods. But I do not eat fast foods if I can find anything else to eat. I do not drink soft drinks daily buy will allow myself one every now and then as a change of pass. I also do not have a hard regiment of foods that I eat. My weekly meals or never repeated with in the same week. My wife does the cooking and we can go weeks without repeating the same meals. Neither my wife or I like boring meals, or activities so we keep things mixed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment