Tuesday, November 28, 2017

And the learning to eat Intuitive continues

I ate less yesterday than on Sunday but my weight is up again. I am not upset because it is to be expected until I get use to the fact I can eat what I want to eat. I am still eating below the calorie budget that Loseit says I can eat for maintenance. I am starting to hear my stomach talk to me again something I have not heard in the 6 + years on the diets. I am eating food that I would never have allowed myself to eat over the last 6 years. I am not eating to the point that I am stuffed or even close to being uncomfortable. I am also allowing myself to have more salt, this is something that my doctor has said I need to experiment with seeing I sweat so much when I am out walking, I even do this time of year and it is much cooler than in the summer.  I am also readjusting my walk to be only a full round of the neighborhood, which is just over 5 miles instead of the 7 + miles I have been doing. But I have increased my pace so calorie wise it is about the same.

This is a complete learning process. And it is sad that I have to relearn what I did without thinking when I was a teenager. The key here is to relearn just how much I need to satisfy my body’s needs. I also need to relearn to eat the correct amounts of food for my body’s needs and at the same time to enjoy eating and not feeling guilty for eat certain foods.  I know once that I figure this out my weight will stabilize and I will be healthier, and fit for it. I also know that I may weigh more or less what I have been telling myself I need to weigh. This is about throwing out the charts and allowing my body to stabilize to its natural weight. This is the weight that my body knows as the correct weight for my height, size, and age. I have to except that age plays a very part in what I weigh. 

I am finding as I do this that my attitude is much better, and my stress level is lower. I am also finding that I do not get as nervous about things that use to make me very nervous. 

Is this all worth it? So far it seems to be helping me. My energy is up, my attitude is better, and in general my health seems to be much better. The only down side is my weight is up 2 pounds from my low. The  up side so far is that I am still 5 pounds below my Lowest weight that I was at back in 2013 just before I started gaining weight back again. 

The ones that follow the intuitive eating to its purest, do not weigh themselves, log what they eat, but do keep a journal of how they feel. I am still logging, but not paying attention to the calories, and I am weighing myself. I am not able to allow myself to let my weigh get out of control again. So I guess you can say I am setting my own rules to this for now. I hope it does not back fire on me and I return to the diet mindset. 

Stay tune I cannot promise that I will be writing everyday but I will at least write about important changes as they happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment