Thursday, November 30, 2017

You would think I would be totally upset

My weight is up to 191 from 187.4, and I am not that upset about it. Why? Because I excepted it, and I accepted the fact that with learning to eat intuitively I was going to more than likely see some weight gain. You see I know my body, and I know I am eating more salt than I normally do. I am also still eating below my calorie budget. Yes, I know if I was following the intuitive eating to the fullest I would not know my calorie count. I am not there yet and I am a numbers person. If I was fully eating intuitively I would not be stepping on a scale either. I do not let the scale rule me, and I have never been someone that counted ever last calorie that I eat. This is all about mindset. It is all about learning what works for me. I will never fully give up numbers and data points, they are all a part of my working life, and being retire is only changing it in a small amount. And I have never been like most that I worked with that allowed the data and numbers rule my life. 

I am sticking with getting back to intuitive eating, and allowing my weight do what it needs as long as I stay healthy and active. I fully expect my weight to start dropping once my body adjust to the changes. I also know this in maintenance loseit gives me 2400 calories, plus calorie bonus calories to work with each day, which comes to about 2900 calories I could eat. But Apple health shoes me and a little more conservative 2650 calories a day to work with, and I am staying below 2350 calories a day now, my problem is with salt, I should be taking in no more that about 1750 mg a day and I have been running about 2500 mg a day. This is showing up in my morning blood pressure check. But after my walk my blood pressure comes down to a very good range, mostly due to the amount of sweating that I do. 


I need a lot more time to work this out and the Holidays are not going to make my numbers look any better. I always gain in the months of November through January. My body as alway added weight in the colder months. I am not going to give up, and I am not going to stop weighing myself either. I want this to work and I am in this for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment