Monday, November 20, 2017

Never diet, learn to eat for life.

Never diet, never deprive yourself of the foods you need and love. The really truth is once you learn to never diet or deprive your body of the food it needs and wants you will naturally eat less. You will not want to over eat. Your weight will naturally become what is meant to be for your body type and your gene pool. 
But you cannot expect to lose weight fast or perhaps to even lose weight, but you will become a healthier person. You will become someone that does not crave the foods you want, you will be free to socialize again with your friends and family. You will not be afraid to go our to eat because you are afraid you will eat too much. Once you have learned to not deprive yourself you will naturally now when you need to eat and you will stop eating before you eat too much. 

This does not happen over night it takes time, for some months are even a year or more. For me it has taken me about 3 months to get really in tune with my body and my stomach. It feels so wonderful to be with family and friends and have a great meal and walk away from the table satisfied but not with a feeling that you are stuffed and miserable. Sure I still log everything I eat, for me it is a case of countability, and I still weigh myself. The true believe in this way of eating does not weigh themselves or log the foods they eat, I am not there and most likely will never be there. Their concept is that they are happy being free to eat what they like and need, without the shame they were feeling before, they do not weigh themselves due to the same reason. They also respect their bodies the way they really are. Most do lose in the long run be it slowly. Most do not lose the amount of weight they wanted to while they were dieters. But that has become a thing of the past and they have put the past behind them. 

You still need to be active not to lose weight but to be fit which makes you healthier. 

This is a mindset and a way of thinking and living that goes against everything we have been told. We see diet in the media, TV and movies, and advertisement. The diet concept is every where you go and in everything you see and read. You have to learn to put it all out of your mind and be come near minded about not dieting. 

Do calories still count? I believe they do, the true follower does not. But I have found that if I listen to my stomach and body to what I need and want, I no longer eat as much as I did even while following the calorie guidelines and calculators. And that is with me having the freedom to eat, the cookies, ice cream, cakes, pies and brownies that I love a certain times of the year. Knowing that I can eat them has lead to me eat much less of them. Most times one cookie or one spoon full of ice cream or one bite out of the cake or brownie is all that I need. 

When I started following this concept I weight 195, and at first I gained a few pounds but now I am down to my lowest weight that I have been at for over 30 years. I am down to 187.4 pounds. My weight has varied a lot less, even with eating more salt at times. I am still very active and I do walk an average of 8 miles a day. But I walk not so much for my weight as I do for enjoyment. 

That is something else that I have found important we should be active/exercise for enjoyment and now because we feel we have to. If you do it because you believe you have to then it is work and it is not enjoyment. We should enjoy life. Not make life a job and work. Most of you have work you have to do to make a living, why make the rest of your life work too. 


Your health is important make it fun not work to be healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment