Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thunderstorms again

I am not complaining we need the rain, we are under burn bans in the county and all around us.  Seeing we live in a National Forest we need to be very careful. 


Now on to what I have been thinking about. When I first started to lose my weight back in 2010 I did it by just cutting back on how much I ate, AK portion control. I did that for about 8 months before I found loseit. Sure loseit did help me figure out a lot about foods, but the calorie counting for almost 7 years stressed me out, and I gained weight back while still counting those calories. Why, well our bodies will put up with us forcing it to lose weight for only so long then it will start fighting back and that happened to me big time. I was still eating the same as I had been at the time I lost the weight counting calories but my body needed something I was not giving it so it turned my hormones against me. And I started gaining. Why? Well, I have come to understand that our bodies have a happy weight or set point weight range, and if we force our bodies out of that range it fights back. Now that fighting back can be overridden even more and force us to gain even more by the added chemicals that are added to the so called foods that our food industry uses to get us to eat more and buy more food. Well,  I was not eating that much processed foods but enough, and my body started working on me. I gained back the weight I had lost by using loseit. I finally figured out what was happening and I stopped the processed foods and started to eat really real food again, I did not change my calories but I started to lose the weight again. So what did I do I cut back on calories trying to force my weight down even more, and went below my body’s set point and my body turned on me once again and forced me back up. I am now holding with in my body’s happy weight range by eating real food most of the time. I am controlling my portions, and I am keeping my calories in and calories out balanced. I am in the lower in of what I have come to understand as my happy weight range. I know come winter I will go to the upper end of that range and that is my normal. I have also managed to gain some extra muscle, and lose some fat by what I am doing due to exercise and chores. Also fasting can help you create more muscle and it does not really cause you or in my case me to lose weight, just keep in under control. I do not fast days at a time, only about 14 to 18 hours most days. At first I got really hungry and wanted to eat by now I no long seem to feel hungry on the fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment