Thursday, July 26, 2018

I will start this blog with my thoughts

“I believe we are all different, for me once I have learned to except my body's happy weight, and I have really learned what portion control means to me. I am not hungry and I feel full after a meal. I do not eat lunch, but I do eat breakfast and dinner. Also for me it is all about timing of my meals. Now I have to say I do not eat fast foods, or processed foods but every now and then. But I have learned I am happier and satisfied best by eating the foods I enjoy and love to eat, which for me is real foods. Growing up on a farm I love veggies, fresh meat, fruits, and nuts. I do not really care for cakes and pies that much but do love a little ice cream at times. I also no longer worry about the occasional party with family and friends, I know I can enjoy eating what I like and keeping my portions under control. But I have had to except that I can never be the weight that I was told I had to be and I had to except what I have always known to be my body's normal set point weight range or happy weight range. I also depend on my semi-annual health checks and my blood work, and also my blood pressure for gaging myself. This has removed a lot of stress which has removed binge eating and my blood pressure issues. It is all about learning yourself and working with your body's needs.”

Yesterdays walk was not that much fun, I waited to late in the afternoon and it was too hot. I also went to a new trail, this was a big mistake. The trail must be the oldest in the Village and it used the sides of the roads way to much. The trail is very hard to follow and I see it as very dangerous. Sandy was with me and she did great. We walked 4.5 miles on a trail that they say is only 3 miles. Like I said the trail was hard to follow and was not well marked. Sandy is a great walking partner and does keep me moving at a great pace. She also will let me know when she needs to rest or needs water. I take water for her and me with me along with a few treats for her. She is just a baby really but she is very smart and seems to understand a lot more that most people claim dogs can. She is getting better at riding in the car and is less nervous each day. I believe it is due to the fact that when we walk the trails I use a long retractable leash so she can explore the area around her. She has great hunting skills already. 

My weight is holding at around 198, sure I would love to get it back down to around 195 but as long as my waist is still as small as it is I am not worried, and also my blood pressure staying where it is which is great. 






A couple of pictures of Sandy, these were taken after the walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment