Friday, July 6, 2018

Ok back to diet and weight management.

First I am going to say that my weight is up to 199.2, which is down from 201. So what happened I have been on the road traveling and eating out so salt has been an issue. I have noticed that if I get too much salt I crave sugar, this I do not understand. For me the two together is an issue. Now for some good news my waist is down another inch, my chest measurement is up an inch, my thighs are down an inch each, and my shoulders are up an inch, as are my upper arms. The resistance bands seem to work better for me than the dumbbells, and curl bar. And what is nice about the bands are they travel well and can be used almost anywhere. I am also as of this week back to walking the hiking trails here in the Village. I am getting two benefits at once, the exercise from walking and a sauna treatment due to the heat and humidity. 

Now for a little rant, I am noticing now that I am not counting calories that no one wants to even give me the time of day on Loseit. It is like as long as you are doing it their way you are great and if you are not then you are the enemy. All I am trying to do it figure out what works for me. And I am finding out that fasting 16-18 hours of the day and eating when I feel like it and what I feel like the other hours of the day, and not all of them either that I am managing to do what I have been wanting to do. Yes, my weight is up a little, so what I am still within my body’s happy weight range which I am coming to understand as about 196 - 204. This by the way is what I weighed while I was in the Navy for my service time. It is also where my weight always tries to return to after me forcing it down, and it will even return to this range if a gain above it. I just have to come to understand how to eat to keep it in this range and still enjoy eating, and socializing with my friends and family. I am coming to understand something else. If you listen to your body, pay attention to its rhythm, and pay attention to what it is telling you it wants and needs you can find that happy weight range. I am also finding that my body has a time frame that it wants to be fed in. And it is not morning or evening it is in the middle of the day just around noon and or a little after. I am also finding that the hungry pains that I get are much less as long as I keep the sugar under control. This does not mean I eat nothing with sugar it means just enough to help my body. I am by the way someone that is close to being low blood sugar. I seem to need the sugar at times. It does not take but a bite of a snickers bar to get be back on track, I am talking a bite one time a day is all I need. 

I am happy with my results and I am happier not counting calories. I am still writing down what I eat so I can see what is happening. I am finding that while I can eat most anything. I just cannot eat certain foods in the same day or at the same meal. I am also finding that I have to keep my salt down but not completely out, I have to have some salt due to the heat and my walking and other activities. 

I believe if more people would learn to listen to their bodies, and work with their body’s needs, and rhythms they would be better off. I am also finding that doctors do not understand this concept either. My doctor just looks at my like this is some strange concept. But I have to say that my dietitian does take notes and even ask me questions about how I am doing and what I am finding to work and not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment