Saturday, July 7, 2018

Yesterday was a better day

It tried to rain all day but never did here. This morning my weight is down to 198.4 pounds. I made it past a 16 hour fast. My goal today is 20 hours. I ate what I wanted within a 4 hour window yesterday and it really felt great. I was never hungry and did not want anything sweet either. It really does feel good to be free from counting calories. I cannot explain the feelings I have about not worrying about how many calories I eat. I am finally understanding again that calories do not define me. Sure I am still writing down what I eat, and it amazes me what I can eat now that I would have either not eaten before or I would have stressed over eating it. Due to the fasting I do not believe I am eating anymore that I was before I just eat the same amount  in a shorter time frame. I am still very much doing my best to only eat real and healthy foods. I still do not eat very much or very often processed or fast foods. I do not drink sugary drinks except for 6 oz of juice with my first meal of the day. I do not eat low fat or low carb. I have whole milk with whey protein, I have cereal or toast or bread in a limited amount. I have my fruit, veggies and nuts. The nuts are my main stay when it comes to a quick snack.  It is very important to stay busy and entertained while fasting so you do not think about food, it is also very important to stay out of the kitchen and pantry. My exercises are very important, and resistance workouts are the most important part of my exercises. 

Am I saying this is for you? No, I am not but if you are healthy and wish to try it I would recommend it. I was very resistive to fasting for a long time, I believed that with my low blood sugar I could not do it. I believe I am seeing that my eating way too often was causing me more issues than helping me. Life is an experiment and we should not be afraid to try new things. I will go back to a saying that is stuck in my head:


“Only a fool keeps doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

No comments:

Post a Comment