Thursday, May 31, 2018

8 days without counting calories

It has been 8 days without me counting calories and I am down just over 3 pounds. By the way it was never a goal to lose weight by stopping my calorie counting it was my goal to cut my stress and to try and fix what was no longer working for me. You see it is stupid to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and that was just what I was doing. 

Now am I say that it is wrong to count calories? No, I am not, counting calories served me greatly while I was trying to figure out what I needed to do. It has helped me create the habits that I now have. And I have learned just how bad fast food, and processed foods are for me. I have also learned that for every research that says that eating a certain way is bad for me there are other researches that say it is good for me. We are all different and we have to learn what works for each and every one of us. We have to stop believing that it worked for me, it will work forever one else. 

Now what is still true is it is all about eating less than what we burn. That is a fact of life. It is also true that some of us will gain weight eating food that others lose weight on. That is just who each of us are. It is also true that some foods will trigger us to binge eat. For me it is a salt and or sugar. If it get to much salt I want more, the same with sugar. And help my please if I get both together. 

I have to say that in doing this my blood pressure is also down which surprised me. I have to say also that my stress level is really down too. I believe it is a combination of not worrying about counting calories, and I am back to my early morning meditation. Mediating first thing in the morning sets my day up so much better. 

Now to the question I believe you want to know what am I eating. All I can say is a well rounded menu of items. I eat plenty of veggies, fruits, and nuts. I also eat small portions of all types of meat, and fish. I limit myself to processed foods to once or twice a week other than my cereals. I do still have my milk and whey protein with breakfast. By the way breakfast is my largest meal of the day. I eat dinner at about 6:00 pm and I do not eat again until after 8:30am. So in a fashion I do fast. Lunch is either snacking on veggies, fruit and nuts or it will be a sandwich. If I have a sandwich for lunch then dinner is light with salads only. 

My activities is still walking and working around the house. I also ride the scooter most times to the hiking trails, and doing chores around the local area. My total activity burn for each day is averaging about 2400 calories. Now that is total of resting and activity burn. I am also twice a week working out with dumbbells and the curl bar. Nothing heavy and no extreme numbers. Just enough so I work my muscles. 


I will say this I had to find my way of managing myself and I am still a work in process, and each of you have to do it yourself. Sure it is okay to listen to others but take it with a grain of salt, and figure it out for yourself. We are all different and we all have what works for each of us but you have to work at it and find it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment