Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Early Morning showers

What a beautiful morning, sometime very early this morning we did get a thunderstorm and some rain. But now the sun is shining and it is going to be a very warm day. It also looks like it will get to 100 degrees or higher this weekend. 

Yesterday, I collected most of the camping stuff and took it over to the storage garage. That will make some room in the shed and garage. My goal is to get the Jeep back in the garage along with the scooters. 

My weight is coming back down. I have dropped almost 3 pounds in just over a week. What am I doing different? That is a good question, the only thing I can say is that I am no longer counting calories. I am logging what I am eating but not the calories. I am freely eating what I enjoy, and to be honest I am eating less than before. Now I cannot swear that I am eating less calories for I do not know how many calories I am eating. But I am eating less meat, I am eating less snacks. My snacks were always nuts and fruit, and still is. Before I was always worried that I was not eating enough so I was trying to get my whole budget eaten. Now, not knowing the calories I just eat what I feel I need. I do enjoy a beer or ice cream at times. And I no longer fear eating a slice of bread. For me count calories had become a head game that was causing me to stress out. And the stress was causing me to eat more than I really wanted. You notice I am not saying needed. 


The key for me it seems was to use calorie counting to get my habits in place, and now the key is staying with my habits, of eating healthy real food most of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment