Sunday, May 27, 2018

Can you live and love your diet for the rest of your life?

This is an important question you have to ask yourself. I have been using Loseit for almost 7 years. And I have been on one diet or another for about 40 years. While, I have managed to lose a lot of weight using Loseit I get tired of my food choices and I end up gaining weight back. This has been the case since I was about 30 years old. I can lose weight easily because I have that type of will power that my dad and also the Navy taught me to have. Will power can only take me so far, then my human nature kicks in and I start gaining weight again. Now that I know I have to always weigh myself I catch the fact I am gaining soon and I can kick my will power back in and lose the weight again. But that is not a type of life that is all that healthy or even happy. So what I am trying to do now is find a happy point that I can eat as healthy as possible, be as active as I can be and to enjoy what I am eating and the activities that I am doing. To my dismay and to the dismay of most of my Loseit friends, I am finding that after almost 7 years that counting every last calorie I eat is very stressful and it is actually causing me to eat more that I would other wise. 

Now I am going to say this right now, I am not saying you should stop logging your food or if it is not stressing you out to stop counting calories. I still keep a journal of what I eat, I just do not keep a count on the calories I am eating. I still use my Apple Watch so I know how active I am, but to be honest I do not pay attention to that every day either. What I am seeing is that my blood pressure has dropped, and I am eating less due to not stressing over that last calorie I ate or the fact that I have not eaten enough for the day to hit that magical calorie count that everyone says we have to eat just to not be starving our bodies. So what is my gage or way I eat? That is a good question, I am eating to not be hungry, I am eating to not get a dizzy spell due to not eating enough or eating often enough. I am still at times having spells with low blood sugar. My wife and I even care snickers bars with us in case that happens. But if I am not hungry I do not eat, if I am hungry I eat just enough to take away that hungry feeling. My weight is much more stable this way even with too much salt at times. My headaches are fewer and much less often. And my blood pressure is down about 10 points for both readings. 

What I am going to say is that you need to stop worrying about what you weigh and worry more about stabilizing your weight. Stop the yo-yoing that is very unhealthy. Also, stop worrying about your ideal weight, and except yourself at what you are happy with in the way of your activity level and eat as healthy as you can enjoy life with. Even a 10 pound weight loss makes you healthier than losing 50 - 100 pounds and then gaining it all back plus even more. You need to find yourself an enjoyable point that your weight is stable, you are active, and you enjoy your life, and you enjoy the foods you eat. Once you get to that point you will have less stress, you will have better blood pressure and in turn you will be healthier. 

So if you find counting calories enjoyable, and you find the restrictions you have in your diet enjoyable, and you enjoy your activity level you should have found your happy weight or will at some point. 


For me I am going to continue on my path for now, if I continues to work then I will not change, but if I see I cannot make it without counting calories then I will again count calories. I am not say good by to Loseit or my friends I am saying I am taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment