Saturday, April 21, 2018

A beautiful and cool morning

The sun is shining, and there is a breeze. Today will be busy getting the new camp trailer ready for our trip to Texas for about 8 days. The only two advantages to this trail over the other one is that it has a shower and toilet, and it is lighter. We are going to need a camera on the back of the trailer so we can see behind us. This on is higher so my inside review mirror is useless. This trailer also has storage so it means we have to rethink what we need to take with us. And it can only sleep the two of us. 

Yesterday was long and busy. I had my first checkup at the VA clinic here in Hot Springs, it was a much better checkup that any of the others I have had at a VA clinic. I got a chest x-ray, an baseline EKG, and the updated shingles shot, well the first of two shots, I have to go back in July for the second one. All of my lab work was not just good but great by the standards. My blood pressure was good for a change. I was also told that my weight was good and I did not really need to lose anymore weight. I do feel I need to lose about 5 pounds and I will be working to do so. But I will not be limiting my calories to do it, I will be raising my activity level to do so. I was also told not to change what I am eating as long as I was not gaining weight. The doctor said that I am 70 and I should have some extra fat as a backup encase I became sick. 

I am encluding a few pictures of the trailer






No comments:

Post a Comment