Saturday, April 21, 2018

A little about my eating habits

I have not talked about intuitive eating for a while. I am still following the concept of intuitive eating. I am logging what I eat but I am not really measuring my food, I estimate the amount I eat. I am eating to fuel my body and I stop eating when I feel I have eaten enough. I have times, days even that I eat much more than other days or times. I am not allowing myself to become starved and I am not allowing myself to feel stuffed. While I have not been able so far to do the walks or hikes I would love to be doing, I am active everyday. This year has been one thing after another that has to be done and preventing me from doing what I would like to be doing. I have cut way back on the amount of cookies and ice cream that I was eating for a while. I still get a good bit of sugar from fruit, and my wife loves to cook French toast and pancakes. I also use local raw honey for sweetening my cereal. My enemy is salt, and if I get too much salt and sugar together I end up eating more than I should. 


I did have my check up yesterday and all is not only okay but very good to great. All of my numbers our very good now. I did not even get a talking to about my blood pressure or my weight. In fact my doctor says my weight is good for my age, and height and build. So I have reset my weight goal to 195, which is where I am at now and I will try to drop as much as 5 pounds below my goal. But I am not going to sweat it as long as I manage to stay within plus 2 pound plus and 5 pounds minus my goal. So I will say this it is still all about calories in and calories out. As long as you eat the same our less than your activity level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment