Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What a beautiful day

Cold again this morning but not as bad as yesterday morning, it is starting to warm up. Rain again Friday and Saturday. It will be cold again Sunday then a warm up and rain the next Friday and Saturday. I am seeing a pattern here. 

My weight was again the same as it has been. No loss and no gain. My seven day average is 1899 intake calories my calories burned is almost 2200 calories. My salt is down, thank goodness. I am eating more fruit, and nuts, and much less sweets and grain. I am happy with where I am on my weight. 

I went back to the VA clinic this morning trying to get a few answers about my appointment. I need to get my blood pressure meds filled or renewed. The VA has my records kind of screwed up. It seems that the VA is broken up into regions and that their computers do not talk to each other across the regions. This such a bunch of crap. On a good note hopefully I will be able to get to see a doctor next week at the VA Clinic in Hot Springs. I spend almost a half hour talking to a lady at the VA Clinic about get things moving then another half hour with the VA in Texas and then the VA pharmacy in Little Rock maybe I can get this worked out. 

Well finally I got enough courage up to take the scooter out on the road, I did better than I thought I would. Did not dump it but came close a few times. I can see that I will be building up my muscles as I learn to handle my scooter. I hope also to lose some weight. 
I also felt young while out riding, and also old. I really enjoy riding, but I could feel that I was not riding as smoothly as I should because I was still very nervous about riding. I as also nervous about having to stop for stop signs. Hopefully I will get better and enjoy even more the ride. 

Linda is sick again, but she does have a doctors appointment next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment