Friday, January 5, 2018

Back home

My first weigh in of 2018 and I am up 1.4 pounds, which is no surprise seeing I was traveling and eating on the go most of the time. The higher amount of salt is my issue and not my calories. I was well below the budget loseit gives for the whole trip, and while I was active and did get my activity goals, and my staying goals met I did not get my minutes goal. And it seems that when I drive as I did yesterday I get even a lot more resting calories burned. 

As for as my eating while I was on the road, I did eat the best I could. I love my sisters cranberry cake so I had some of it. My sister still works so we had to eat when she came home in the evening so we ate late. My sister does not get up and eat breakfast so breakfast was cereal for me as I could get it. We were looking for our new home so we ate on the road a lot too, and that does mean a lot more salt. But my wife and I share our meals most of the time, seeing cafe food are such large portions. The key is learning to listen to your body and understand when you are needing to eat, and only eat the amount of food you need to feel comfortable. For me learning I did not have to eat everything on my plate has been the key for controlling my weight. And the fact that I can eat what I feel I need to eat or want to eat has stopped me from over eating. I no long have that feeling that I need to eat it all. 

We did fine our new home and we have a contract for it secured. So now the hard work starts finish packing and moving and unpacking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment