Friday, January 12, 2018

Just random thoughts

Over the weekend we had a family meal that included a ham, and hams are known to have a lot of salt. But I do love ham and I have since I was very little. My grandpa had a smokehouse, on the farm and he smoked meat then salt preserved it. That is the way it was down before we had the huge freezers to keep it. So I became use to salt meat and salt in my food. Today I know for me salt is my enemy as for as my blood pressure goes. There was a time my ankles, feet and hands would swell from the salt that I ate. I no longer have that issue because I try whenever possible to keep the amount of salt I eat down. With the holidays I have eaten way too much salt and I have been having issues with my blood pressure. 

Weight wise I am bouncing between about 188 and 191, this seems to be my body’s set point range.  This morning I am back down to 189, from being up to 191 earlier in the week. The amount of calories I am taking in is averaging now about 1900 to 2000 calories. Now I have to say I am not keeping measured amounts here they are just my best guess. So I could be eating more or less than this. What I am doing is logging the food I eat, and not so much the correct measurements. I am depending on my body and my stomach to tell me how much I need. This seems to be working really well for me. I do not get the full or stuffed feeling that I use to get, and I sure do not like that feeling. I no longer crave food of any type. I believe that is because I allow myself to eat what I want and feel I need to eat. 
I live by data. The last 6 months my average weight was 190.3, and the last 3 months my average weight was 189.3. So even with eating more on average and exercising less on average I have lost on average another pound this last 3 months which by the way includes the holidays.

The moving process seems to be moving along as good as it can seeing Linda is sick with walking pneumonia and really is not able to do anything even though she still tries. Our move date is still 1/31 with a pack of 1/30 and a travel say on the 31st, and unpacking in the new home on February the 1st.  

I am now selling my car to my grand daughter. She wreaked her car and needs a way to get to school and back. 


Life throws everything it can at you and you just have to except it and adjust and move on. It does help if you have faith in God and understand that He is always testing your faith and belief in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment