Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Beautiful sunny day but very cold

Woke up this morning to a very bright sun shining and a temperature of 12 degrees. This is the coldest it has been in over 7 years. We will have one more really cold night then it will be 70 by the weekend. And we wonder why we get so many colds here in this area. 

Yesterday was a lazy day I read for over 8 hours getting up and standing to get my stand goal in for the day. But due to the possible ice on the walks and road I did not go out side at all. Linda is was not feeling good all day yesterday and went to bed early and has not gotten up this morning yet. 

Yesterday was eating what would warm me up so I had oatmeal for breakfast and chili for dinner. I also snacked on oranges, a banana, and I cheated by eating a creamed filled donut. I also had a couple of pieces of sourdough bread with my chili. My weight this morning was 189 the same as it has been all this month except for the one day after my eating ham for a meal with the family. I am not sure why but I feel like I over ate yesterday and I have to say my calories were up a little. I also know that when it is cold this way I do seem to eat more. 


Our time here is getting short and I do hope the long range weather is right about what it will be like when we have to pack and drive to Arkansas. I am also worried about a possible shutdown of the government that could prevent us from closing on our home up there due to us having a VA loan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment