Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Just my thoughts

We have been away from home since last Friday morning, and I have been eating differently than I would at home, but I have been staying within my loseit budget even without really thinking about it. I have been enjoy new foods, eating our, my sisters wonderful cranberry cake, and even fast foods. I am also sticking with my normal snacks of nuts, trail mix, and my dark chocolate ginger. I have even had a diet coke. What am I getting at? I am making do with what I have available, when it comes to traveling and visiting with friends and family. The key is portion control and respecting my hungry and my need to fuel my body. Sure I am still logging what I eat, but I am not really that concerned with the size of my portions as my body and stomach is controlling that. I eat to never feel hungry or full. By paying attention to my body and stomach as to how full I am, I am not over eating. I am not feeling the need to eat anything that I see. I am eating to just feel my bodies needs. This is new to me with this very cold weather too, I normally eat a lot more when it is cold. In the past it seems that when it was cold my body always wanted something to eat. I am not feeling that need now. 

Intuitive eating is not about following rules and requirements of a diet, it is about eating to fuel your body, and at the same time to enjoy food and also yourself. Intuitive eating is about respecting yourself, and excepting who you are. Intuitive eating is about listening to your body and understanding its needs for fuel and nutrition. Intuitive eating is also not about a goal of weighing a certain number on a scale, it is about eating to the level that your body needs and allowing you body to reach that happy weight sweet spot called a set point. Intuitive eating is about saying NO! To diets, and the food police that are in your head and from your friends, family and any other person that thinks they know better than you and your own body. 

Damn I just realized it has taken me 7 years to figure this out. That just goes to show how deeply brainwashed we are to believe we have to diet. This is all due to the need for our food, diet, fitness, medical and government trying to make us think they know better than we do. And it has paid off for them in billions and billions of dollars. 


Now I am not saying you should eat just junk food or fast food, no you have to fuel your body, and that means meeting the nutritional needs of your body at the same time as you eat the foods you love, and never deprive yourself of the foods you love. The 80/20 rule still applies here. You need to eat good nutritional foods 80% of the time. You also need to be active. It is better to be active just doing normal things most of the time and doing other things like taking a long walk daily when possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment