Sunday, January 14, 2018

Just more thoughts for today

It is a beautiful sunny day that started out very cold for this area. But it has warmed up nicely. The forecast is calling for ice and snow Tuesday and Wednesday. Sounds like we will use that as a good reason to stay inside and pack up some of the house. And keep a fire in the fireplace. 

Went shopping this morning for groceries, and found a wonderful outside swing for our new porch. I have traded in my two older Kindles and got the new Oasis 2. I traded in the Voyage which is a great Kindle but the screen is smaller than the new Oasis, I also traded in an older Pager white that I was no longer using. The Oasis 2 gives me the capacity to listen to audible books also, and it has a seven inch screen which allows me to have larger fonts and still see more text on the screen than the Voyage gives me. The issue I am finding with the Oasis is it is a lot more of a power hog and uses the battery up faster. 

It still seems that my body’s sweet spot weight is around 189 pounds. Also I am settling down with my eating to about 1900 calories on the average. I am still most days eating a large breakfast and dinner and snacking on nuts, fruits, and some veggies for lunch and snacks. With the packing, and everything else we are trying to do before we move my walking and resistance workouts are hit and miss. 


I am feeling really good about my eating now, and I do not have the feelings that I am missing out on anything that I enjoy eating or need to eat for my body. For the ones that are still stuck in the mindset of dieting all I can say if it works for you that is great, but think about this can you live with the diet you have chosen for the rest of your life? If not then your plan is already a failure. The key I have found for me is moderation, eat what you love, and learn how much you need to eat. I am finding that the stuffy feelings are a thing of the past, I am also finding that I no longer crave any for any thing. And I am also finding that my body is finding its on settling weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment