Saturday, February 3, 2018

What a week!

This has been a wild week!! 

Monday we worked from can to can’t trying to get ready to everything ready to be loaded. 

Tuesday we closed on both houses at one time at the same Title company. Then we had to do some running around, then back to the house as the trucks were loaded. What our movers believed would be a couple of hours of loading ended up being about 9 hours. Also, our movers believed we only need the one 26 foot truck, but we had to go back and get another 16 foot truck so we could get everything loaded. Both trucks were packed feeling every square inch of space. Then my wife and I was up to almost midnight cleaning up, and going to dinner with my next door neighbor and we slept over at her house that evening. 

Wednesday, we were up at 4:00 finishing cleaning up and getting ready for the caravan to Arkansas. My wife and I were in our Jeep, and the two movers in the two trucks. We also had 3 dogs and two birds in the Jeep. When we got to this area I switched and rode with in one of the trucks and my wife took the 3 dogs to a kennel so the dogs could be taken care of while we unloaded the truck. I know the dogs must be so stressed and confused  with all that has happened in the last few weeks. And they are going to be stressed even more due to the fact that we will not have a fence in the back yard for some time to come. Our movers unloaded the small truck Wednesday night and got the beds so we all could sleep at the house. 

Thursday was also very busy, our movers finished unloaded the trucks, and we returned the trucks, and took the movers to the air port so they could fly back to Austin, Texas. Then we got home and worked on unpacking, which by the way we will be unpacking for some time to come. 

Friday we worked on unpacking and gave up and went to bed early. Also, on Friday the pastor from the Church we plan on going to came to the house and blessed it. We also asked him if we could renew or wedding vows on February, 11, and that we would be joining the church that Sunday also. Also, the propane gas company delivered our takes and checked out our gas fireplace and we found out that we have to get someone out to fix the remove starting so it will light. Also, the cable guy came out and installed our internet, cable TV, and phone. We also have him coming back to install a phone line, and cable connection in my office which is really what was once a storage room, and someone added heat and air ducts, so I am making it my office. Then Friday evening we had someone over to look at our gutters, we needed a way to prevent the gutters from filling up with leaves. The needed changes will be done on Monday. Also, one of our neighbors came by and welcomed us and gave us banana bread. 

Today (Saturday) we had neighbors come by and welcome us to the area, and gave us a cake. We also went to Home Depot and ordered, a storage building, and fence for the back yard, and someone to put window blinds in the house. We also, got things we need to make the house work for us. Then we ate dinner at what has become our favorite place to eat here. We had turkey and dressing. 

I have not been able to get out and do my walks, but I am very busy and active so I am not too worried. Both of us are so very tired. Tomorrow we plan to rest and catch up on bills and small things around the house, more than likely installing new shower heads. And getting the WIFI modem in its correct place. 

My eating and weight: My weight is up due to way too much salt. But it is wild seeing my calories are down but my salt is way up. So my weight is up about 3 pounds as of Friday morning. This morning I was down 4 tenths of a pound I am not too worried, I know I will be able to get it back off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment