Thursday, February 8, 2018

It is a beautiful morning but cold

The sun is shining bright. My weight is down 1.6 pounds. I know the loss is only water weight but that too is great. There is frost on the trees, and roofs of houses in the neighborhood. There is not a leaf moving because there is no wind at all. The squirrels are playing in the tree in the front yard. I am so looking forward to spring and the trees greening up. We have a hedge of crape myrtles a cross the backyard. And there are two very large crape myrtles in the front yard. We also have a very large fig tree in the back yard. The front and backyard is all rock and does not have any grass, I know we well have to use roundup to keep the weeds killed. Our living room has a big picture window that looks over the top of the houses a cross the street and you can see the valley below and the ridge of the hills beyond that. If you look to the west from the end of the drive way you see the ridge of hills in the distance. I should watch myself because the locals here call the hills mountains. But when you have seen the Rockys this is just hill country. It is so quiet here, I just cannot get over it. Our home in Texas I heard the traffic from the roads all around and the trains when the wind was out of the south. The only problem with it being so quiet is that I hear my ringing in my ears a lot louder. Even this house is so much quieter you do not here the dishwasher, or the washer and dryer at all. I can be in the bedroom and I cannot here the TV in the living room which is on the same wall. 

Walking here in the neighborhood will be challenging with the hills, and the fact there is no sidewalks. But I am looking forward to my walks. We are thinking about get a couple of Vespa Scooters so we can get around the Village without our Jeep. I can image myself riding the Vespa to the trailheads so I can walk, or riding it around and exploring the lakes. 

I feel like God has brought me to my little piece of heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment