Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A cool sunny day today

I slept in late again, this is becoming a habit. My weight is the same, and I am so surprised. I did have a binge yesterday, I have to stop it and I am having such a hard time persuading myself to do so. On a good note I have started back on my apple cider vinegar every morning, and my hopes is that I can stop eating the dark chocolate ginger, that will save me a lot of calories. I am also hoping to get back to walking. I keep saying that and it seems that something always gets in the way of me doing so. 


I have to say this I am listening to my stomach and body and It is having me eat more that my mind believes that I should. My mind wants me to cut way back but my body and stomach is saying different. And to be honest it is my body and stomach that is winning out at this time. My brain/mind may be the problem here and not my body, I am holding my weight very well at 193.4. Now lets look at my weight history. At age 21 and just before going in the Navy I weighed 167-170, after Bootcamp I weighed 210-225. I stayed at 210-230 my whole time in the Navy (8 years). After getting out of the Navy, and taking a job that had me setting in a classroom all day for about 4 months I had gained to almost 245. After the classroom time I was very busy and on the go for about a year and lost done to 210-225. Then I had to change jobs, and was on my feed and working at work bench for the next 12 years and I maintained my 210-225 weight, by bicycling after work and on weekends, and by being very active at work. Then I switched jobs and for 3 years I was doing another job that had me on the go and also setting at a bench my weight stayed very close to the 210-230 weight. Then I ended up changing jobs again and still staying on my feet and doing this job for 5 years and still kept my weight at 210-230.  But then I also started studying to be a Software Engineer. I switched to being a support person for Microsoft Software and was setting all day everyday, and I gained up to 290 over 15 years or so that I did the job with different companies. I decided I had to do something to get my weight down and I started by doing a portion control diet and walking I lost down to as low as 194. Then I was forced to retire and I began gaining back up until I reached 250. I refocused myself and I am back down. I have gotten as low as 187.5 and I am now averaging 193.5. This 193.5 is below what I weight most of my adult life. And even now without walking I am active but not as active. I am also eating less than I was back with most of my life. Sure I am older and I do not need to eat as much.  So my dilemma is do I go back to pushing my weight lower or do I except the fact that I am at the weight I should be at. While I know that I have had doctors tell my I should weigh no more than 185, and I know that for my height that the BMI charts say I should be somewhere between 155-184, but that has not worked for me except when I was a teen between 16-20 years old and that is when I was always called a skinny kid. I would love some feedback on this but I know in the end I will be at what my body finds to be its happy weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment