Monday, March 12, 2018

Beautiful Sunny Day

The sun is sunning but it is a cold start to the day and will stay cool all day. For most of this week we should have the sun but showers on Friday and maybe the weekend and warming up.

My weight is down a pound this morning to 194, this is a good start. I do believe it is only water weight loss, but I will take it. I have cut my calories down to 1800 calories. I know it is only an estimate but it is enough of a cutback that it seems to have started working. What I have done is fill my need for sugar with fruit, and got a way from pastries and chocolate. It is the little changes that make the big differences most of the time. Let me explain something to you while I am talking calories and estimates. I do not really measure my food, I only estimate how much I eat, over the last 7 years I have become fairly good at it. My way of measuring my intake is by how my stomach feels, how full I am? Also, by how comfortable my stomach is, always trying to make sure I have eaten enough I am not going to be hungry in an hour, but making sure I am not stuffing myself. This is a balancing act, and it is only working for me as long as I stay away from refined sugar, and refined wheat and processed foods. Yes, I did say I have to stay away from refined sugar, and refined wheat, and processed foods.  I do eat bread, but it is whole grain bread, and my wife is making it for me. I do eat oatmeal, and we buy only steel cut oats. I do eat cereal but again I make sure it has no added sugar and it is only whole grains. I was eating dark chocolate covered ginger, but I became addicted to it and was eating way too much so I have stopped eating it. I now buy ginger root, and grind it up and at it to my hot tea in the morning, and that is all that I need. I am also back to apple cider vinegar in the morning. A tablespoon full of apple cider vinegar in warm water works great and does the same as the ginger. 


Again it is the little things in our diets that make the difference in whether we gain, lose or maintain our weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment