Wednesday, March 7, 2018

This is to add to the earlier one today.

I am busy and I am still getting in about 10K steps a day but I am not doing the type of walks I was doing. I am also doing a lot of lifting and moving boxes and other stuff around. I just feel it is a lot more important at this time to get the house together so when I do really get back to my walks I can concentrate on my walks. I would love to be out walking. You see for me a 15 minute walk is nothing in my mind. I have it in my I have to get at least 4 miles nonstop to make it even worth my time. It is not as if I am inactive, it is that I am not doing what I love doing. I can say this with pride that I am eating less than I am burning, but not by as much as I was use to doing. I can also say with pride that my clothes fit even better than they did before. I am working a hack of a lot more muscles than what I was doing by just walking. So what is my problem I am not sure it is mental I believe, my brain is telling me I am not doing what I should even though I am doing as much or more physical work. And whether we like it or not our brains have a lot to do with our weight and bodies. But if you will allow yourself to listen and I mean really listen to your body's rhythms you will learn to eat correctly. Sure it is still about calories in and calories out, but it is about not really having to count the calories you learn just how much you need to eat. But in doing so you will have to learn to except yourself and your body for what it is. And not expect it to be what your mind's eye says it should be.

This afternoon I managed a 55 minute walk behind my neighborhood, that was 2.6 miles an elevation climb of 825 feet, and my apple watch said I climbed 21 floors. Some of the climbs in this area are well greater than 15% grade. I do not seem to have too much issue with the climbs it is going down the hills that bother me more. I have the same issues with stairs, I can climb them much easier than I can climb them much easier than go down them.

No comments:

Post a Comment