Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Cold Walk this afternoon and other thoughts from my walk

The wind was strong out of the North and the real temperature was 39 degrees, I am not sure what the wind chill was but it must have been in the 20s. My walk today was a short one, all I was trying to do was get my steps, exercise, and move rings to close. I should get enough active calories burned today seeing I still have to sweep and mop the floors. We have the buyers over tomorrow for a walk through and we have the appraisal also tomorrow, and our realtor is coming over because the buyers have added more earnest money to the pot than was in the original contract so we have to sign to acknowledge that. 

If you say you cannot do something you have already failed.


I hear and I read all the time I can’t do this or that. Oh, ye of little faith is what I think and want to say back to anyone that says that. “Can’t can never do anything” is something that my parents, and grandparents always told me. You have to “believe you can” if you ever want to do anything in life. I see the ones on Loseit that say I just can’t lose the weight and keep it off, well they have lost the battle at that point and they have not really even tried to lose the weight or manage their weight.  I have so many tell me they cannot eat intuitively and I beg to ask have you tried and really believed you could or are you saying you can’t do it without ever trying. 

I have this to say and again it is what my parents and grandparents taught me. “If you believe you can” then you have won the battle before you have even started. We all fight our battles, and wars, we may lose a few battles but that does not mean we have lost the war. A battle is what we do when we try to do something, sometimes we get it right and we have won the battle, sometimes we get it wrong and we lost a battle, but that does not mean we lost the war. It means we regroup and we fight the next battle with the knowledge we got from making the mistake of losing a battle. That is what life is really all about. 

I have lost so many battles with my weight that I can no longer count how many. You can win the war by losing all but one battle folks. And to be honest we only need that real win when it comes to losing and maintaining our weight. We have to get lose it, then we have to keep it off. It is not two battles we are fighting it is only one. 

What am I saying? If you truly want to lose the weight and keep it off, you have to change your lifestyle. You cannot go on a diet to lose the weight then eat differently to maintain that weight loss. You have to come to understand that what ever you did to lose the weight is what you have to do the rest of your life to keep that weight off. If you do it correctly when you get to the weight your body needs to be at you will be eating the food, and the number of calories that you need to be to keep that weight off the rest of your life. If you do not except this fact then you have failed already. 

While we are all different, what it really means is that we all have our likes and dislikes of the food we love and enjoy. We have to learn to make those foods a part of your lifestyle. It can be done I am doing it. I have found that as long as I do not deny myself the foods I love and the foods my body needs that I eat the amount of food that will maintain my weight. Now with that said, that does not mean that I am maintaining that magical weight that the BMI charts say is right, it means I am maintaining the weight that my body knows has its happy weight. We have to learn to except that fact our bodies know best not some book or chart or even your doctors.
We have to learn to respect our bodies for what it is and be happy with the shape that nature gave us. 


Have a nice day everyone and until next time I believe this is enough to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment