Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Great Visit with my Dietitian

Just got by from my Dietitian appointment, I have to say thank you to her. She did a great job of leading to where I am now. We discussed intuitive eating and she asked me the question that I have got to relay on here. “How did I come to make peace with food?” It is a process of allowing yourself the freely eating the food or foods you have been depriving yourself of. For me the start was cookies and cream ice cream, and my beloved chocolate chip cookies my wife makes. At first I wanted to eat a whole bowl of the ice cream or have a whole double handful of the cookies, then slowly I have come to only want a tablespoonful of the ice cream or one or two cookies. At first it was everyday, now I can go a week without even wanting either of them. It is a case that we have to come to know we can have it whenever we want it, and when that happens then we begin to not even want it. It has been easy for me but for some I am sure it would take a longer time, but it will happen. Yes, you may and more than likely will gain in the beginning, but I have managed to lose back down to my lowest weight this year and in a very long time. I have also come to respect my body for what it is, that has been easy for me seeing my age. For some it will be hard and some of you will have pressure from family and or friends and other people in general. You have to come to the point of either not paying attention to them or bluntly telling them to mind their own business. You have to learn to stand up for yourself, I have found out over my life no one else will, or not for very long anyway. Also you have to be patient with yourself and allow it to just happen over time. Believe me it will if you allow it. 

Intuitive eating is something that my dietitian truly believes in by the way. Get the book and read it, and then re-read it a few more times.  Also I recommend “The Diet Fix” also and would recommend to read it first if you are really a hardcore dieter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment