Monday, December 4, 2017

While walking this morning

While I was walking this morning, I got to thinking about the last 6 plus years of using LoseIt and trying to lose weight. What I came around to realize is that it has been a good learning experience, and I did get my weight off, then I added most of it back on, then lost the weight I gained and even a little more. What I came to realize was that it was not about dieting it was about eating. Yes, I said it was about eating. So what do I mean? My body has it’s happy weight. Once I realized that depriving myself of the food and nutrition it needs and wants makes me eat more food trying to fill that void, due to my body forcing me to eat to feel its needs. Yes, you read that correctly my body forced me to eat so it could fill it’s needs. You see, our bodies has it’s needs for nutrition, and also for the foods it loves. The foods it loves is what I was raised on, and what my parents, and grandparents fed me. It is also the foods that over the years that I learned to love to eat by living on all three coast, East, West, and Gulf coast. I also, came to love foods from the countries I visited over my life. So I love all types of foods from Europe, Asia, Canada, and Mexico, a long with the different foods from the northern and southern states of the USA. So as you can see I love all types of food. If I deprive myself of those foods my body starts to crave them and causes my hormones to go crazy until its needs are met. 

Now to the other part of this, my body was not created to eat low fat, and low calorie so called foods dreamed up by our diet culture. My body was created to eat whole fat milk, meat of all types, fruits, veggies, and nuts of all types. I was raised on a farm eating real food, grown or raised on the farm. I was not raise to eat out of a box or can. Nor was I raised to run down to the local Fast Food store for something to eat. Heck I did not know what fast food was until I was some where around 18 years old and even then I did not really like it. 


So here is what it all boils down to we should eat what our bodies need and want. We should never deprive our bodies of those foods. If we do deprive them then we are doomed to over eat and to gain weigh, and to yo-yo diet our whole life. I have also come to except and understand once I no longer deprive my body of the foods it needs and wants, I no longer eat too much. I no longer over eat and my body will find its happy weight. What ever that weight may be will be okay with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment