Saturday, December 9, 2017

Today is just random thoughts that have come to me.

First off my weight is holding about 191.6, which is higher than the dieter in me would like, but very good for the fitness and healthy person I want to be. I know a large part of this is water weight due to the extra salt in the foods that I have been having. A lot of this is due to my wife fixing foods that she dearly loves that she has not been having in a while due to me dieting in the past. And I am going along with it due to wanting to see how it reacts and can fit into my life. I really do need to allow it to fit due to being foods she loves. 

My walk yesterday was great, the temperature was in the mid 40s but it was sunny. I even worked up enough sweat that my t-shirt was soaked with sweat. For the first time in this neighborhood I saw a squirrel. The trees in the neighborhood are still smaller than you would think that squirrels could live in. 

Now to my thinking about what is happening with this concept of intuitive eating. I believe it is working for me my weight has not gone crazy and I have not gained more than I figured on. And I still feel that the weight gain is mostly water weight from the extra salt. That seems to follow along with the little higher blood pressure that I have been seeing. So I am trying to work on keeping the salt down as much as I can. 

There is still the dieter in me that is fighting with the non-dieter. What I am trying to do is come to a compromise and balance between the two sides of me. I really believe that it is the way to go. I have always believed that compromise it good. I will continue to eat the foods I love, and I will continue to log the foods I eat. I will continue my morning weigh in too. I know if you are a purest with intuitive eating this rubs you wrong, well all I can say you do not have to read my blog. And we all have to find and use what works for each of us. I am happy now that I can and will eat what is available and not worry about it. At least for me I am not allergic to any foods that I know of, and salt is my only issue. And lots of water helps flush the salt out of my system.


No comments:

Post a Comment